- Price: Tailor-made (Enquire Now)
- Duration3 Days 2 Nights
- Dates: Open
- Safari Type: Private Guided Safari
- Location: Rwanda
- Departure City: Kigali
- End City: Kigali
- Contact name: Faith
- Contact phone: +256 774 049952
- Cancellation policy: Up to 90 Days
- Accommodation: As shown in itinerary
- Group Type: Traveler’s choice
- Restriction: No Children Below 15 years
- Languages: English
The 3 Days Rwanda Gorilla Safari is one of the shortest Africa Safari we offer. This gorilla tour is best suited for a business traveler who only has a weekend to spare or wants to add the gorilla trekking experience on an overland Africa safari from Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, and or Zambia.
The Rwanda gorilla safari starts in Kigali, where we’ll pick you up and transfer you to Volcanoes National Park; check you into the luxury and serene Virunga Lodge just outside the gorilla sanctuary for the next two nights. Spend a day in Rwanda’s rainforest jungle, track the mountain gorilla, spend one precious once-in-a-lifetime hour with them and live to tell the tales of the African wilderness.
The trip is tailor-made and can be adjusted in your own style of travel. It includes transfers, meals, accommodation, and activities. We process the gorilla tracking permit on your behalf; that part of the bill is on you ($1500 per person + processing fees).
Due to the uncertainty of travel during these times, you can postpone your trip up to 12 months ahead (considering accommodation availability) and have a minimum of 30 days to cancel.
- Visit the Kigali Genocide Memorial or take a city excursion around and experience the African cultures.
- The road drive across will reveal the most stunning natural setting of this tiny East African country.
- Tracking the in Volcanoes may appear third on this bullet, but just because we wanted to squeeze the best in here. This is the top highlight of this trip and a bucket-list item.
- After the , activities around the lodge, like Rwanda cultural tales, music, and dance, will impress your travel lust.
Know before you go
- Unlike in Uganda, Gorilla trekking tour in Rwanda is physically demanding, which means you’ll be hiking moderately steep slopes at altitudes between 2400 and 4507 meters, searching for the mountain giants. There are strict rules to going in these places and meeting the gorillas, and you’ll be escorted by a tracker, rangers, and a guide with a group of seven other trekking travelers.
- The Vehicle that transfers you from and to the gorilla sanctuary can only carry up to 6 people, and there will be strict Covid-19 travel guidelines to keep you and our team protected from the scourge.
· Local guide
· Gorilla Permit ($1,500 pp) ×
· Food and drinks ⃙
· Transfers in 4×4
· Private tour
· English guide
· Gratuities & tips ×
· All activities
· Visa & travel insurance ×
Day 1: Arrival and transfer to Volcanoes National Park
Arrive in Kigali meet and greet your private Rwanda Gorilla Safari guide. After a short briefing session, drive North of Kigali to Kinigi at the foot of Volcanoes National Park, through Rwanda’s most beautiful countryside, and immerse your imagination in nature’s own tranquillity.
Drive time is about 3 hours with excellent drive speed to allow you to enjoy the scenery. Check into the lodge and later enjoy dinner surrounded by the evergreen tropical forest.
Accommodation and meals
Virunga Lodge (luxury); Dinner
Day 2: Gorilla Tracking in Volcanoes NP Jungle
With an early breakfast, drive to the park headquarters for gorilla briefing (45 minutes).
When venturing into this gigantic forest, a packed lunch, comfortable clothes, shoes, and a walking stick is a must before. The time spent gorilla tracking is unpredictable; it varies from 2-8 hours before an encounter with the family of these gentle creatures. The location of each gorilla family depends on temperature, their feeding range, and movement of the previous day with the trackers ahead of your tracking group. Strict guidelines will be issued at the trailhead briefing point; make sure you remember the most important ones.
Visitors are allowed to spend only one hour in the company of a habituated gorilla family. Saver this time, watch and capture the memorable experience as the great apes go about their day-to-day activities—the young ones playing around the old ones, feeding each other, and eating foliage. The sight of these fantastic creatures is the climax of this entire safari. Later retire for an overnight at the lodge.
Accommodation and meals
Virunga Lodge (luxury); Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, and drinking water.
Day 3: Lazily transfer back to Kigali city
With an early sumptuous breakfast, drive lazily back into Kigali. Take a city excursion or Kigali Genocide memorial in Gisozi and the Rwanda National Museum visit; the time spent in these places depends on your departure flight.
Alternatively, you can do the city excursion at the beginning of the Rwanda Gorilla Safari before we head into the volcanoes NP.
Breakfast, Lunch, and drinking water